549 Fair Street |MC 61-82 | Bloomsburg, PA 17815
Dear 2018 Renaissance Jamboree Non-Profit Participant:
The Town of Bloomsburg, Bloomsburg University, CGA Inc.’s Program Board, Downtown Bloomsburg Inc., Geisinger Bloomsburg Hospital and the Columbia Montour Chamber of Commerce are happy to sponsor the 2018 Renaissance Jamboree from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm on Saturday, April 28, 2018. The Main Street, from Iron to West Streets, will be closed to traffic and will feature an arts and craft show and sale. Service agencies and non-profit organizations will sell food and conduct games. Musicians, dancers, vocalists and other performers will entertain thousands of visitors. The event will be held rain or shine. Free parking with shuttle service is provided from the Geisinger Bloomsburg parking lot and the Bloomsburg Fairgrounds.
PLEASE READ THESE REVISED SHOW RULES
2018 BOOTH RESERVATIONS:
Complete the ON-LINE application and space payment fee by. Spaces are $25.00 per space and are limited to 2 per non-profit. Unless otherwise requested, space assignments will be based on the prior year’s location. Returning your registration form before the deadline of March 12 does not guarantee you a space, as noted above. If awarded a space, you will receive an email no later than March 19, 2018.
1. It is your responsibility prior to Renaissance Jamboree to contact the merchant adjacent to your assigned space and make arrangements for using their electrical outlets/electricity, if needed. NO ELECTRICITY from the Light Poles. If you are using electricity from adjacent business, you must make sure that all cords are taped down securely to prevent the possibility of injury. You should check to see if the amount of amps you draw can be accommodated; no gasoline or diesel powered generators are permitted.
2. Vendors will not be allowed to set-up their spaces until the completion of marking of all assigned spaces by the committee members or 8:00 am at the latest. Main Street is a section of a State Highway, spaces cannot be marked by the committee until the day of the show. Do not plan to set-up your display or put items on sidewalk or street before that time. If you attempt to do this, you may not be invited back next year.
3. Do not leave your vehicle unattended. Someone should be available at all times to move the vehicle during the set-up period should it be necessary. Approximately 400 people will be setting up their booth displays at the same time. Please be patient during this hectic period and do not block the road or alleyway. The roads and alleys need to be clear for emergency reasons. Any vehicle illegally parked will receive a ticket and/or towed at owner’s expense. All vehicles must be unloaded and moved off the street by 9:00 am. People usually start attending the event a little before 10 am. Parking is available behind designated local banks, municipal lots, and the Bloomsburg Fairgrounds. Shuttle bus service from the Fairgrounds begins at 9:30 am.
4. Renaissance Jamboree ends at 5:00 pm. Do not plan to breakdown your display before that time. Vendors are responsible for cleaning up their assigned area. Materials used should be recyclable or biodegradable. No open charcoal, wood fires, generators or trailers over 18ft. are permitted.
Note: Spaces are 22’ long by 10’ deep.
5. “No Show” or those vendors who leave early might not be eligible to participate at next year’s Renaissance Jamboree. Renaissance committee members will check to make sure all spaces are filled.
6. If your non-profit organization has joined together with a commercial vendor, someone from your organization must be present at the booth at all times during show hours. We recommend that if you use a commercial vendor that the commercial vendor donate a minimum of 25% of the gross sales to your organization. A sign showing both the commercial vendor's name and your organization name must be displayed at eye level. Also, the Commercial Vendor information must be completed in full if you are using a Commercial Vendor.
7. No animals of any kind will be permitted at Renaissance Jamboree. Please do not bring your pets or you will be asked to remove your pet from the festival area.
We look forward to the Spring of 2018 and another successful Renaissance Jamboree. We hope that you will join us in the festivities. If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Makara at 570/387-2088 email: email@example.com type Renaissance Jamboree in the subject line.
The Renaissance Jamboree Committee